Monday, September 24, 2007

Trying to hold my head up high today...


This picture is a great representation of just how I am feeling today. Man let me tell you the emotional roller coaster this adoption has brought us is both draining and a test of faith. So although it was such a great day yesterday when we found Esther's father and he agreed to the adoption, we have run into yet another "bump in the road". To make a long story short, the minister is claiming now that since he is out of prison, of sound mind and okay physical health, then he should take care of her. I would love to see a the all American/African dream of a father who gets a great job, nice house and food on the table, so he can take care of all his children. Send them all to college for a great education and provide them with a stable, loving family environment. But the reality of it is not there. Am I heartbroken today? Absolutely! Do I want her to come here to America? Absolutely! I just want what is best for Esther. She has endured so much in her little life, she is strong, kind and beautiful girl who deserve only the best life can give her. What that is...I am questioning. But I am giving it to God once again and hoping and praying he does the best for her. Even if it breaks our hearts, she will always be my little girl and will be a part of our family. But, Dad said it is not over until the fat lady sings and if he has to write to president of Rwanda he will. If you know anything about the Pepos family...there is a lot of truth to that. Again keep us in your prayers and thoughts and cross those fingers and toes for it all to be fine. I can not wait to get off this roller coaster. I never did particularly like them anyways. Love to you all!

3 comments:

The Fairy Godfather said...

Hang in there, this is nowhere near over! chin up!
Dave

Lisa said...

praying for strength beyond your own to handle these stretching times...
blessings.

Unknown said...

Sweetie, you can always hold your head up high. And for sure as your Dad said It isn't over until the fat lady sings, and to quote Yogi Berra "It ain't over til its over"
Sending you wonderful vibes.
Aunt MaryLou