Monday, September 17, 2007

If Googling is stalking...then call me a stalker!

So tell me is googling someone really considered stalking? If so then call me a stalker. I know I have been slacking on the blogging, and i am sorry, but I do not remember anywhere in the "what to expect when you are expecting" book that tells about the mother getting the colds worse than the kids. But that is what happened. I have been down for the count this weekend and am slowly recovering. Maybe I am getting older and my body just can not fight it off as well, but I must say it has been a duzzy.
Anyway, back to my stalking...To make a long story short, on Friday, after having such a trying week, I saw an old friend that I had been thinking of for over 15 years. Yes, at one point I did Google his name to see what I could find and just did not ever follow through on my leads. I guess I was not sure what his life entailed and knew that if it was meant to be our meeting would happen. So it did.
My friend, Aaron, was one of those people who has made a difference in your life, but probably does not know it. When we met in college, we were definitely living two different lifestyles. Me? I was the girl in the flowered skirt and Tie dyed shirt in front of the Federal building with a sign reading "No Blood for Oil", and he was picking me up in his 1964 blue bumping Impala. I know he is biting his lip right now, as I may have gotten the year wrong on his ride. He loved that thing more than life itself sometimes. But with our differences, we became great friends. The best in fact. He was the first person who really showed me the concept of "One World...One Love". He was and I am sure still is one of the kindest and non judgemental people I have ever met.
When I left college to go to Montana, I always wondered if it was the right decision or just my Gypsy ways leading me to new adventures. Either way Aaron supported me and told me to follow my heart and to go with confidence. He was my true friend and I have always been grateful for his love and support. We lost touch a few years after I moved...he met a great woman named Nicole, who he fell deeply in love with and I met Rich, whom I fell deeply in love with. Now Aaron is a father of two cute children and is married to Nicole, who is as beautiful as the first day I met her. My heart is filled with wonder on why our meeting has happened on this day, but for whatever reason it has renewed my faith about sending out positive energy and has brought back those wonderful memories that I have always held so dear.
So my advise for you all this morning is...start stalking that long lost friend. It really is all you imagine it to be, a part of your past, that can never be replaced. If my friend Aaron ever visits this sight, know I love you still very much and will continue to send positive energy to you and your family.

1 comment:

The Fairy Godfather said...

Ok, what I have to tell you is not the feel good story that you were intending, but it reminded me of a similar story. When I was in college (yea that year) I had a roomate from Alaska. He was always a little quirky to say the least, but was very nice and kind hearted, etc.. It had been about 10years since I had talked to him. I had a few drinks one night, and thought I would google his name and find out his phone number etc.. I found his dad's phone number and called him up. When I asked if Todd was there or if he had a phone number to call him at. His brother (who answered) paused and didn't reply right away. He asked who I was, and I explained I was his old roomate at college. He again paused and then replied that he died, and that he committed suicide! Of course I was speechless and didn't even know what to say, I basically said ok, I am sorry and goodbye. I never found out what had transpired in his life, if he graduated from college, what he did for a living , if he was married etc.. how he killed himself nothing! I still wonder whatever happened to him. I wasn't trying to turn this into a depressing post. it just reminded me of what happened the last time I GOOGLED some old friend of mine.
Sorry about the Debbie Downer post, it just brought back memories