Thursday, September 13, 2007

Some things are just not in our control

Well, how do I start this? Hmmm...I had great intentions of coming in today to tell you what wonderful things have happened in the last couple days regarding Esther. We went to a banquet for our friends non-profit organization-Ten Talent, Int-this week and were greeted so warmly with people who have met Esther and have been touched by her. We truly felt blessed to be around so many people who love her and who are waiting with us for the "World to Change". (Been listening to the John Mayer CD so my inspiration comes from that.) Her presence was so apparent there and it helped once again solidify what we are doing. Not a day goes by where she is not talked about and she floods my thoughts each minute. We truly are blessed to have so many friends and family supporting us and loving from a far...Esther.

So that being said today I came in and got some news that could be taken in many different ways. Mom received an email today from the director of the orphanage that Esther's older brother stays. He informed us that yesterday Esther's father who after 13 years was released from prison had been to see his son. My initial reaction was to hyperventilate and flood with tears. I felt a loss like I have never felt before and could not catch my breathe. What have we done to deserve this? We love her so much and what is God trying to tell us? I am so thankful for my family...especially today. My sweet, strong and compassionate mother came to me with nothing but positive energy. She told me to continue to fight, to not lose Hope and to first and for most not take it personal and believe God is not doing me any harm. My faith is being so tested these past few months and today is no different. But as I think about what God is telling me and how big he really is, I am thinking so much clearer. There is so many things circling in my mind...maybe now Esther can meet her Dad for the first time and not have to carry around the burden of him being in prison. There are so many maybes...but one thing is clear we will continue to fight, we will continue to hope, we will continue to pray...and we will do anything we need to to make sure Esther is getting the best. Whatever God chooses...we will keep on that path.

So to finish it all up...I thank you all so much for your support and I do feel the energy you are all sending us. We love you all and keep us in your prayers and thoughts. And again first and for most keep Esther in your prayers, for a 13 year old girl I can only imagine what emotionally is going through her head.

No comments: