Thursday, November 15, 2007

To my goofy little brother


This day that I am writing about was truly an act of God's. My mom and dad spent $4000 to buy a truck full of beans and corn meal to go to the refugees that come from Tanzania. There are over 1000 of them living there and it is far back into the country side. The rain made the dirt roads extremely muddy and so we were all praying that our trip would not be wasted. The truck was as big as an american dump truck and was full of bags of food. These people have not recieved food in three months and it was wonderful to be a part of easing some of their suffering.


There were many special moments this day, but none can compare to that of Maria seeing her brother after a few weeks of being at the Esther Home. Maria and her brother are orphans who together have survived and put themselves through school. They have lived in many different places like this camp and have ended up amongst these people we were feeding. Their camp was amazing and you could see the partnership they had in making it a beautiful home. She lit up as we were walking to her part of the camp and my heart grew warm as I understood her love for her only sibling. It made me think of the special relationship I have with Eric. We have not been through the hardship that these two have endured, but we have accomplished many things together and have the same sort of bond. They embraced eachother and never let go. I know that when I am having a tough time that Eric will aways be there to also embrace me and hold me tight. I envisioned those times when I come to work and I am tired or the moments through this adoption process when my hearet was aching. He is always there to crack a funny joke (well he thinks they are funny and so it makes me laugh). He loves me very much and he would always be there to protect me and to provide me a safe environment. I really missed him on this day and thought of him often. It was so sweet to see them so happy to see eachother and to see how proud Maria's brother was of her. It was truly a time to sit back and relish in your love for those who love you and support you. These two wonderful people have had no family for so long and it made me appreciate all that God has given me. I truly love my family and friends and feel very fortunate for them. To my brother, I thank you for being so good to me and for the love and respect you have always shown me. You are truly my hero and I love you more and more everyday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok...I'm cryin now:)..great job my daughter!!

PDXSOLO said...

Well, I guess letting you chase me with a frying pan all those years has paid off. Your love for me and my family always touches my heart. We miss you and hope for your safe return home. eek

Lisa said...

what a wonderful thing to be a part of - awesome