Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A mother and her cub!

Okay, Well I was going to wait until tomorrow to write but after checking the blog and seeing the amount of people looking, I figured I owed it to you all to write something. Again, it shows me what great support my family and I have and I love you all for it.
It was a long trip and I am so happy to be here. I tend to forget what a beautiful country this is and how kind and caring the people are. They have all once again embraced us like family and I know it will be hard to leave. I wish I could take some home with me. Especially one in particular..hmmm wonder who that could be. Speaking of her, I am so excited as Friday I get to go see her. Although it will be bitter sweet my heart is anxious to see her beautiful face again. It is so much more real being here and seeing how just in this past year her life has changed as she has such a great support of friends who love her and are willing to always love and protect her while we are so far away.
Today was a mellow day...emotional to say the least for me, but light in activity. We started the morning with a meeting and them first stop the "dreaded" Ministers office. Of course she was not there for us to see, but we picked up the response letter. I must say there was a half percent of hope from me that the letter said good things, but deep in my heart I knew better. I watched as my mother took a protective attitude in protecting me and spoke her mind in a caring yet...you hurt my family way. She truly loves me and went out of her comfort zone to stand up for our story. I love her so much and this trip I can see will only bring us closer. I never thought it could be possible, but as I get older we tend to get closer on that deeper woman to woman level. She is one awesome lady.
We met with the lawyer today and decide to go to court to get a judgement that classifies Esther as an orphan. We are sure that this will make the Minister mad and she may sit on our document, but we will be persistent and eventually she will have to respond. Like mom says, at least we will have all our "ducks in a row" when we write to the President. They have not seen the last of us yet. So no real news, but it was a good day. New adventures tomorrow. I am so excited to go see some families of the Esther Home girls. It is a beautiful thing that the Hacketts and my parents are doing and seeing the girls and their families is something that will change me forever. I too dad am very PROUD of my mother.
Well, I will try and write more tomorrow and Joyce will be on hers in more details. Until then, keep us in your prayers and send some to my family at home, I miss them very much and see my little Glacier in everything we do. I definitely brought her in my heart. My love to you all.

2 comments:

Sabra said...

Finally......I have been checking to make sure you were ok and made it, I think I checked 5 times today!! You are right you do have an amazing mom, I am so lucky to have her as my Aunt!
Take care and I will be checking in daily, keep up the good work!!

Sabra

Lisa said...

keeping you & your family in our prayers!