Thursday, November 8, 2007

Santa Claus is coming to town!

Wow another wonderful day here in Rwanda. After stewing over the minister and her decision and taking some advise from once again my caring mother, I am really trying hard to not stay in the past but to be positive and move towards the future. Mom has always told us that if you do not let your negative energy go you will not have room for the good energy. This means nothing good will come to you like you expect. So, today was a new day for me and I think I am finally getting past it all. Am I emotional and very disappointed at times? Absolutely, but there is a bigger plan and I am opening up myself to it. We spent the day exhausting ourselves visiting three of the girls homes and families. It was another day full of great friendship and wonderful new experiences. I absolutely love the girls I have met so far and can not wait to meet the rest of them. I can not tell you anymore, what a wonderful opportunity these girls have and yet what they are giving back to me on this trip, they may never know. I now feel like I too have 13 sisters and look forward to our future as family. I wish I could put you all in my suitcase and have brought you here, it again solidifies my love for Rwanda and it's people. Tomorrow we get to go get Esther. My stomach turns each time I think of it and I feel like Santa Clause will be coming tomorrow and I am in third grade. I am so excited, it has been so long and she is the real reason I am here. This trip to Kayonza we will not be visiting the sponsored families, but on Friday next week we will and I am also so excited for that. We are getting a chance to visit Norah for the first time and I plan to have Oma take a ton of pictures. If you do not know about Norah, she is a beautiful 8 year old that Glacier's third grade class is sponsoring. She will now be able to attend school and get a free meal and medical care. They raised $900 at the church bazaar this last weekend and they plan to sponsor her for awhile. She does not know it yet, but her family just got larger and she has 20 or so more brothers and sisters. I love the third grade class and wish I could take them on a field trip all the way here. I can not wait to get back to tell them all about the wonderful work they have done in making a dream of a little girls come true. They are special kids truly full of kindness with a compassionate and loving teacher. Well, I guess I best be going to bed. I have a very emotional and yet fun day ahead. My love to you all and I will keep you in our prayers. And to my dear cousin Sabra...I am so happy you were worried about me and I love you too. Smile smile!

3 comments:

Cathy Hackett said...

Hey Nicole - I'm glad you made it safely back to Rwanda. You have an uphill battle ahead of you, but with your mother at your side I know the two of you can conquer anything! Never have I seen a family so devoted to each other and the causes about which they have become passionate. Glacier, Canyon and Esther have an incredibly determined mother and grandmother! You go girls! You are in our hearts and in our prayers. Love, Steve and Cathy

Sharilyn Brooks said...

Nicole - Thanks for blogging every day. Our class looks forward to reading it every day, as I read it aloud every day to the class!! Glacier is doing great. She is excited to see you soon. She loves you and misses you tons.
Blessings on your journey!!
Hugs!!
Sharilyn

Joyce said...

great job..keep your "HANDS" on it:)