Monday, May 19, 2008

We have only just begun!

Wow where do I start…The flight was long like expected but the anticipation kept us patient. It was wonderful when we go to Kigali to see the entire Esther Home girl dressed in the traditional dresses there to hug us. Oma was entering the main lobby before me and all I could hear and see was a mob of girls screaming and hugging her all at once. Then as I went after her the same thing happened to me. There was so much action that security had to push us all out of the way. It was a great start to a great trip. They welcomed everyone and did not leave one person out. Of course when Opa entered they greeted him with the same excitement bringing him to tears. Cathy’s luggage was left in Brussels but she stayed optimistic and we continued to the hotel for some much needed rest. The next day was going to be a big one as we were off to see the children in Kayonza for the YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL program.

No comments: