Monday, May 19, 2008

Never will I forget what I have been blessed with




My new friend...I gave her my Karma bracelet and it only fit on her ankle.

This day we started out very early going to the refugee camp. This was the same camp that Mom and I went to in November and I was excited to go back again with Taylor, Glacier and all the other team members. I also was very happy to be able to bring Esther with us to share in this process of giving to those in need. For so many years Esther was one of those who needed more than she could give. I was proud to be able to bring to her the opportunity to now give back and to see what work God is doing in these people’s lives. She is a very lucky girl and yet I do not want her to ever forget where she came from and to always understand what can happen in your life if you give back to others. It was fun to see her with Glacier giving out candy and balloons to all the children at the camp and to see Esther protecting and helping her sister when the people started coming to the feeding area. Many times I would catch them being silly together and it warmed my heart to see the love and friendship between them. I was very proud of both of them as they too went amongst the team and worked hard scooping the corn meal to each family. They stuck next to each other all day and I will never forget their smiles and laughter they shared together. It was a day in my life that will always bring me happiness when remembered….my two beautiful girls helping those in need and seeing what a wonderful life they have and the blessings that they have been given.

No comments: