Monday, May 19, 2008

Unconditional Love


Our day was about to end but we still wanted to see our Esther. So we had Robert bring her to the hotel for dinner. I was so excited and anxious to see her and when I did she ran up to me and squeezed me tightly. It felt good to hold her in my arms and I was taken aback on how those feeling of unconditional love was so apparent in this embrace. She still felt like my daughter and I was so happy to share this with Glacier. I had many worries before I came about how Glacier and Esther would react to each other after so long. I talked with Glacier about the time I will be spending with Esther and tried my hardest to bring comfort to her and let her know I love her just as much and although I will be very close to Esther in the next few days, she gets me all the time and will have to share her Mommy with her. But not once was there any sort of jealousy or sadness between them. At first they just sat next to each other and I would catch an occasionally smile between them, and by the end of the night they were the best of friends and did not want to say good bye. As the mother I was very proud and could see God’s work directly in front of me. I went to sleep dreaming of our new family and very happy to see the unconditional love that they shared for each other. It solidified to me that our decision to adopt Esther was in deed the right thing and that we will be fine and one big happy family someday.

1 comment:

los cazadores said...

Beautiful pic! Great to read the news of you going to Rwanda and seeing Esther...!

Cindy