Thursday, December 6, 2007

Aching but full heart...


Well, I figured that since I have a little time I better blog some. It has been crazy since we returned and we are all in the midst of getting ready for the holidays. I must say I miss Esther very much and think of her every day. It was such a wonderful trip, but now that I have had some great quality time with her it makes my heart ache even more being so far away. I spent two weeks with her loving on me and the physical contact I miss the most. everyone keeps asking me what the next step is and I ma just not sure. After the holidays I plan on writing a letter to the Prime Minister and the President of Rwanda. This may not do much for our case, but it will be another step in the process of not giving up. But my trip was very healing and it really solidified to me just how much Esther truly is part of our family. She felt like my daughter and that is something no one can take away. It is hard to explain how someone so far away and so different could feel like family, but it truly works that way. God has placed her in our hearts and we are so happy for it. Leaving her was so sad and I must say it was not my most favorite day. But I knew that soon I would be seeing my family in America, so that helped some. She cried very hard and I knew that her heart was aching. She hugged Oma so hard that day and I could see the love she truly felt for my mom. They have been through so much together and they are truly Oma and granddaughter. So today m,y heart is aching for missing Esther and I am asking everyone to continue to pray for our journey. Everyone has been so supportive and i am so thankful to you all. A few days ago I got some Christmas gifts in the mail from my cousin Todd and his family. There was a gift also for Esther. My heart was very full for now I know that she has touched our whole families lives and I feel so proud to have family that is embracing her and our new journey in life. Again thank you to all and know that she feels all the love from her extended family her in America and someday I promise she will meet you all face to face. For now I ma sitting by waiting for God to show me his plan. Until then...love to you all.

No comments: