Thursday, December 6, 2007

My other brother from a different mother!


Okay, so I wanted to just talk to you about another new member of our family. My parents sponsor a boy named Robert in Rwanda and are sending him to college. He holds a very special place in our hearts as he is not just a wonderful person with a lot of compassion and love, but he has been a great support for Esther and our family through the whole process. When Esther was taken off the streets he was living in the same home as she ending up in. They became great friends and he has continued to be a big brother to her. He traveled with my parents during all their past trips to visit with Esther's family and recently took me to visit the father and her siblings. He is the one I rely on the most to continue to be the rock for Esther in Rwanda. She calls him when she needs to and he is constantly reassuring her of our love and Gods plan. He has no family in Rwanda and so I asking that everyone send a little prayer for him during the holiday season. We love him very much and he is truly my new brother. The funny thing is that he reminds me a lot of Eric, except his coloring is a slight bit darker. They both have that funny personality, the caring ways towards family and the likability factor. I know that the two would get along great. So my dear brother Robert, if you are reading this, please know that I thank you so much for all you do for Esther and our family. I also want you to know how much we all love you and I think of you everyday. Stay on the right track and continue to be yourself. You truly are part of our family.

1 comment:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Oh, I am weeping....I am hurting with you.....I am celebrating with you! I have a thousand thoughts from reading through your journey. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU and we have never met. You are an inspiration to me. Keep fighting for your sweet, beautiful Esther. I am going to be praying for you and your family!! Adoption is so emotional, so painful...yet so worth it. Pray that we get immigration approval this week....I am having one of those sad days. I am so grateful that you wrote on our blog.

Blessings and hope,
Lindsey
www.thewheelerjourney.blogpsot.com