Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sweet Glacier sharing Faith

So another random photo, but for me it is really appropriate for my mood today. No words yet on the Esther adoption. It is hard to understand because here for us a week of not knowing is a long time, but in Rwanda it is just a normal time span for them. So being patient is the key to this all. But, in a situation like this and having to be patient for a year... my patience is running thin. Yesterday, I had a great talk with my mom about keeping my faith and not losing it in this time of hardship. As a young believer this concept is VERY hard for me. She is much more stable when it comes to this and all she has been through has solidified how important it is to keep your faith. Like she told me, when all else falls apart, then you will only have your faith to fall back on and if you let go of it then what would you be left with? Am I fully back to my beliefs, today maybe...tomorrow maybe not so much. I am so tested and I am so sad about it all, so that being said there are still good days and more bad days, but with my families support I am continuing to move along. So, this picture is important to me today as it is Glacier's first Communion photo. It was such a wonderful day and we are so proud of her for this important achievement. She reminds me to be happy and to believe in the big plan. What that is...I still questions and like mom told me yesterday, I may not know for years ahead. But today I am keeping the faith and smiling at our sweet little Glacier. I will remember to be strong for them and for Esther. My heart hurts for her the most, but I love her and I hope that she feels that so far away. So together let's keep our faith and send our positive energy to her. And in your prayers, pray for the minister to have a change of heart and to view this like we do.







1 comment:

Lisa said...

we are standing with you Nicole & family, in hearts & in prayer. It's interesting because the last couple of times I have been in the blog here- I will be thinking about you for several days & when I finally get in to check the blog, it is the same day that you have posted to it. So be encouraged that God has not left you alone in this. He is strong enough to carry you through, and he is keeping you in other's hearts & minds so we will help carry you in prayer too. Praying for that change of heart for those in charge in Rwanda...